Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop Press Kit
Colorado adventures created by Nature
The Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop is comprised of eight premier destinations, each bringing their own sizzle to the geothermal journey. These facts only tell part of the story; for complete immersion, guests must remember to pack their sense of adventure.
Eight premier hot springs destinations in western Colorado—Chaffee County, Saguache County, Pagosa Springs, Durango, Ouray, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and Steamboat Springs—have come together to form the Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop. This 800 mile loop showcases some of the most popular hot springs attractions in the country. There is so much variety; from intimate private baths, to the world’s largest mineral hot springs pool. Each of the 23 facilities offers unique features like vapor caves, hot pots, terraced pools, enormous travertine formations and fun-filled aquatic centers.
- Carbondale, 1 geothermal facility
- Chaffee County, 4 geothermal facilities
- Durango, 1 geothermal facility
- Glenwood Springs, 3 geothermal facilities
- Ouray, 5 geothermal facilities
- Pagosa Springs, 3 geothermal facilities
- Saguache County, 4 geothermal facilities
- Steamboat Springs, 2 geothermal facilities